Setting Spray/Mist and Set Comparisons

Urban Decay All Nighter, Mehron Barrier Spray, Elf Makeup Mist and Set, Mac Fix + and Makeup Forever Mist and Fix.

Wow that was a mouthful, now in all fairness these are not all suppose to be the exact same thing. I have over the years purchased many different products to help my clients keep their makeup on, and mine as well during the hot summer months. I will compare the ones I have used, why I liked or didn't like them.


Mehron Barrier Spray- 9.99 for 2oz (Mehron products are not animal tested)
What they say:Barrier Spray™ may be misted on top of finished powder makeup to set and preserve the makeup application. Barrier Spray™ can be used under makeup to stop sweat or over makeup to set it.
(I bought mine at Hot Topic for $2.00 on sale)

Urban Decay All Nighter-29.00 for 4oz (UD all nighter is a Vegan product)
What they say:A revolutionary, technologically advanced makeup-setting spray that's suited for all skin types and keeps your makeup in place for up to 16 hours.Temperature Control Technology prevents makeup from a melt down when it's warm and avoids makeup dehydration and cracking when it's cold.

MAC Fix plus:1 oz for $10.00 (MAC is not tested on animals/even carry vegan products)
What they say:Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up


Makeup Forever Mist and Fix  4.22oz for $27.00 (not a cruelty free product)
What they say: A light and comfortable spray that sets all types of makeup and prolongs hold, even under extreme conditions.


ELF Makeup Mist and Set 2oz for $3.00(No animal testing)
What they say: The lightweight, comfortable and alcohol free formula improves makeup wearability and prevents color from running or fading.

Okay now my review:
I prefer both Mehron and Urban Decay for my setting sprays. They are made to use before and after the makeup to hold your makeup on like a primer. I feel they are both what have worked for me and my clients. I use to live in South Florida and it was seriously the only thing that kept their faces from melting off. I recently started using Mehron which is made for stage makeup, so it a little hardcore for every use. It does not break me out, I only use it when I know its gonna be a long hot day. For my everyday use I always find myself reaching for UD All Nighter.

Now the Mist and Set products I prefer......ELF yeah I said it I paid $1.50 for it and it was just as good as my MAC fix plus and my Makeup Forever Mist and Fix. I know I know it hurts me and my wallet just saying that. These are a little different because they don't seem to hold my makeup on. They however do make my mineral makeup blend into the skin. They make it look less cakey/creasing after a long hot day.  
Between the three of them, I have not noticed that one does anything better than the other. I like all three but for $1.50 I will just keep buying ELF. I do not think any of them are life changing but for what I use it for ELF works amazing for me.

So now tell me what do you use? Is there one I didn't mention that you think I should?

0 comments:

Post a Comment