The Beautiful People an Interview with Day Dreaming Beauty

Amber from Day Dreaming Beauty
http://www.daydreamingbeauty.com/

1.So Amber tell the readers of Crazy Beautiful Makeup a little bit about yourself.
I am a full time beauty blogger, with a passion and need for writing! I get a little stir crazy if I don't have a creative outlet.I am a mom to five, with an amazingly supportive husband. We have a blended family with my 3 kids, and his 2.I am painfully shy in person, which probably doesn't come across in my blog. I think I sound much more outgoing when I write. I have always been a better writer than speaker! I hate to disappoint anyone, and I don't like conflict or confrontation.
I can be a bit of a perfectionist and I have been known to put a lot of pressure on myself. Geez, I sound really uptight. I'm not honestly!:)

2.Have you always been into makeup? Has the start of You tube and beauty blogs increased that love?
I have always been obsessed with beauty. For as long as I can remember, I've been crazy about makeup, nail polish and perfume. I have become even more beauty crazed, now that the online beauty world is blossoming! I LOVE having friends that share my love and passion for all things beauty and can relate to my life!


3.When did you start your beauty blog? What inspired you to start the blog?
I started my original blog almost 2 years ago. It started as a way of having makeup blog sales, since Makeup Alley doesn't allow sales. It's been about 6 months since I changed platforms, my blog name and became serious about blogging full time.
I think the most amazing thing about having an internet full of beauty blogs, websites and you tube channels is that ANYONE can put their opinion out there for the world to see. I love it! I may not agree with everyone, but just being able to read different points of view about beauty, products and techniques is great!

4.What has been the best part of having or starting a beauty blog?
I have met some wonderful people (like you Heather!), and found some true friends and blogging mentors. I'm amazed at the things I am able to learn daily from some blogging veterans that I truly admire! It's nice to be able to connect with others like me.

5.What inspires you in your daily life?
Everything! Really, my family inspires me, that new shade of nail polish, a beautiful flower in the garden, a quiet sunset to reconnect with my husband, a scent that brings back a flood of memories.

6.What are some of your holy grail beauty items?
 Wow, how many can I choose? 
 I would have to say the items I reach for over and over are my Naked 1,2 and Basics eye shadow palettes,LORAC eye shadows and blushes, MAC blushes, Revlon Colorstay foundation, IT Cosmetics CC cream and concealer, Anastasia Brow Genius Kit, NYX butter gloss lip gloss, Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquers, MAC or Rimmel kohl eyeliners, Gelish and Red Carpet Manicure gel polishes, EcoTools, It Cosmetics, Real Techniques and ELF studio brushes. I am leaving out a ton of things I love and I feel guilty for not mentioning everything, but I don't think I can list it all haha!




7.What beauty items do you have on your Beauty Wishlist?
 Oh I keep a huge list on my phone! I definitely want to pick up the LORAC pro palette and femme fatale palette at some point. I'd love the Bobbi Brown Pretty Palette, Shu Uemura Raspberry and Mocha palette and MAC Empire blush. I would also love to try out some European brands, specifically Sleek blushes and Bourjois foundations.

8.A beauty trend that you just don't understand?
 I am so sorry, as I hate to offend anyone, but to me personally I can't understand the stiletto or almond nails. I just couldn't do it. In my life, it would be completely impractical as I am rough on my nails and I can't stand when they get past my fingertips. But that's just me!

9.Who are a few of your favorite You Tubers or Beauty Bloggers(lifestyle,fashion,DIY blogs) 
I love Karen from Makeup and Beauty Blog! She is an amazing writer, has a wonderful positive outlook, and takes gorgeous photos.
There are so many blogs I follow regularly, from little tiny blogs to big blogs! I love Beauty Junkies Unite, Beauty Info Zone, Prime Beauty, Crazy Beautiful Makeup (of course!!), Phyrra, Vampy Varnish, 15 minute beauty fanatic, My Beauty Bunny, Vanity Rouge, Nouveau Cheap, Blushing Basics and too many more to mention!!

10.Do you listen to a certain type of music when you are getting ready?Do you have a getting ready ritual?
 I usually don't listen to music because I try and get ready before the kids are all awake. In other words, I am usually trying to be quiet and rush!! If I do have more time and don't have to be quiet, I'll put Pandora on my phone. I love the Singers and Song Writers station, or an Alternative channel.

11.Is there a celebrity that inspires your style?Your makeup? Or that you try and mimic?
Not specifically. I definitely get inspiration from celebrity pictures online, but I don't try and be something that I'm not. Though, if I could ever get Jennifer Lopez hair color exactly, I'd be thrilled! :)

12.Is there a celebrity you wish you could do a makeover on? 
I can't think of anyone that has consistently bad makeup/style. I think everyone is entitled to making fashion and makeup mistakes once in a while! ;)

13.Where do you see yourself with your blog in the next few years?
 I am going to continue to write about what I am passionate about. I'd love to grow my blog and audience, and meet more beauty bloggers!

Follower her on Pinterest 
Follow her on Instagram
Follower her on Twitter

0 comments:

Post a Comment