The Beautiful People Jumana or PersianDiva77



1. Tell my readers a little bit about yourself! 
My name is Jumana, on YouTube I am persiandiva77.  I am 36 and have been a freelance MUA for the better part of two decades.  Of course, my real job is being a wife to an incredible man and mother to seven amazing children (3 boys, 4 girls!).  I also home school them :)  The first 14 years of my marriage were spent as a Marine officer's wife but I am enjoying the civilian experience very much now! 

2.Have you always been into makeup? Did your You Tube Channel and getting into that community make that love grow? 
 Make-up for me has always been one of my favorite things!  My channel has given me an excuse to try more products but generally speaking, I do find that I know so much more about just WHAT is new and available from my YouTube friends that, yes, indeed my love has grown (but my wallet has shrunk..LOL)

3.Are you self taught as a makeup artist or did you attend school?  
A little of both.  I worked at a Lancome counter for a while when I was 19 in Escondido, CA.  I learned a lot there but it wasn't a formal type of training.  I have kicked around going to a class in NYC in the near future but no firm plans yet.



4.Where do you get inspiration from for your makeup looks? Your videos? 
 My looks are seriously inspired by seeing color, considering the clothing choice for that day, and just getting started.  My FOTD videos typically just start out by my desire to film or sometimes because I have something new to try.  I don't really plan them and obviously, I don't edit...lol.

5. What are some of your holy grail makeup and beauty items?  
Hourglass Immaculate foundation, Tarte Amazonian blushes, L'Oreal Voluminous mascara, NARS Eye primer,  YSL Lipsticks, NARS powder, LORAC PRO palette, Too Faced Milk Chocolate bronzer, NARS Persia shadow

6.What's your favorite part of being apart of the You Tube beauty community? Is there something you wish you could change about it?
  I have met so many of my "YouTube Heroes" and made many online friends.  Josh Collier and I are friends, I have met LisaSZ09 (she is lovely),MakeUpTIA (so nice!),  I constantly compare notes with MakupMLC...it is so much fun!  As far as changing it, I'm not sure what I would change.  I suppose we all feel like it would be nice to have more exposure.  I am not worried about "haters".  They are as present in real life as online and I can hold my own ;)

7.Where would you like to see yourself in the next few years? Your channel, your makeup career? Beauty related? 
 I have done some freelance work with Hourglass and would love to do more. Taking a class is something I look forward to doing soon.  As far as my beauty goals, I would like to become more of a go-to name in my area for make-up artistry and that takes time.  It is slowly happening and I am grateful.  It would be very fun to meet clients who have seen my channel. 

8.Is there a celebrity that you would like to do a make over on? 
 Of course!!!  I think that like her or hate her, Sarah Palin is magnificent looking.  I would LOVE to see her in a smokey eye, sans eyewear and glossy nude lips!  She is polarizing, no doubt, but gorgeous!  I also would die a little if Angelina Jolie sat in my chair! 

9.What kind of music do you listen to when getting ready?  
The sound of my kids getting ready down the haul.  I am a militant Bryan Adams fan and in my van all six CDs are his.  Yes, I am Old School!  I also love Adele and Lady Gaga. 

10.What can we expect from you in the future with your You tube channel? Is there anything we can look forward too? 
More reviews, tutorials, etc.  I am always up for taking requests and nothing makes me happier than having a giveaway!

11.What made you decide to get into You tube and start a channel? Did someone inspire you or just your love of makeup?
  LisaSZ09 was the reason I signed up to have a channel.  She does such to the point videos.  I thought, she is great but maybe I could bring something to the table too from my experience with clients.  At the time I had a hard time finding channels with people over 35.  I guess I hadn't looked hard enough because now I know many :)

12.Is there something about you that might surprise us? Something about you we might not know from watching your videos? 
 Probably not.  What you see is what you get.  We have a big family.  Some of our kids were adopted from Korea which was an amazing experience.  We also have two kids with special needs.  Our son has Asperger's syndrome and our daughter is a Little Person.  We have attended conventions and met Ginny Foos, of Meet the Foos's on TLC.  That was very fun!  I am from MN but spent nearly as much time in CA and now live near DC. 

13.Do you have any advice for people wanting to start a beauty or you tube channel?
 Yes, enjoy it and DO NOT look at the numbers.  It will make you nuts. 

14. Who are some of your favorite people to watch on YT? Do you have any favorite beauty bloggers? 
 Oh wow.  Joshcolliermua, MakeupMLC, MakeupTIA, Lisasz09, Gossmakeupartist, Beasicblog, LipstickVanessa, MakeupPhD come to mind on YT and as far as blogs I love LipstickBLVDS, Musings of a Muse, Neauveau Cheap, and of course yours! 

15.As a makeup artist what tips do you have for people reading this that want to become an artist?   
Youtube is a godsend!  Study, learn, play, get your brushes dirty (and clean them!  LOL) and learn some more.  The looks I am doing today most definately are NOT what I was doing in the late 90s.  You need to be flexible and always studying.

16.Are there 5 must have kit items you would suggest every Makeup artist have? 
 Hourglass Veil Primer, Graftobian Neutral Palette, Urban Decay Naked lipgloss, MAC Hot Gossip lipstick, and Kryolan Anti shine powder


17. Thank you so much Jumana for doing this interview with me! Is there anything else you would like to add?
  Thank you for asking me to do this.  I am so flattered and touched!  If you'd like to see more of my work, stop by facebook.com/makeupbyjumana and of course youtube.com/persiandiva77

0 comments:

Post a Comment